This is Boston. He was a register carrier pigeon located in Boston. He decided one summer back in 2006 that he was going to take a vacation and stay at my house. He would dive in from the light post on the street to my head anytime I went into the backyard... He would sit next to us on the table and only fly down when we came outside.He would walk after us and follow us in the house and then walk out..
Now keep in mind that we have 4 cats during this and they were not the wiser because the cats would stay away from us during the summer because we would toss each cat in the pool at the beginning of summer .. so needless to say they thought this was an ongoing thing so Boston was safe as long as we were outside.
One day, I was at work and Alex called me at work in a panic.. Apparently Boston followed Alex inside and the cats spotted him. So Boston flew for the highest ground in the house, which was the China closet.
Now Sharon you know the China closet. The one we had at our house in Long Island. Boston refused to get on Alex or Shawn's arm, and there was a cat on every shelf in that china closet. The cats keep changing position trying to reach Boston..
This went on for hours till I got home and I finally got Boston on my arm and all the cats locked away in a room.. that was a task in it's self.. One day he just flew off and never came back.. It was definitely an experience for all of us.
I just came across this picture today as I was cleaning out one of my draws.. Thought it was pretty funny...
No comments:
Post a Comment